View Single Post
Old Tue, January 12th, 2021, 03:44 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
Awesome! Thank you for the info. So, from the sounds of that, since my MP8 plugs into the ICP, it and the FICM tune might work fine together in the meantime? Is the VT365 ATLAS 40 ficm tune the same tune as the 6.0? Or would you recommend the eco tune for this?

Id love to be able to use a ~40hp ficm tune, and then an ECM tune that maybe adds a bit, and lets me delete the EGR. It would be even nicer if I could do a small turbo upgrade and get more reliable power out of it!
Jeff,

Being that I am not 100% certain what the MP8 affects in the system, I would NOT recommend trying to combine the MP8 and the FICM tuning. I'd assume that it's modifying the ICP signal as this is what most aftermarket devices do. The Atlas tuning does not respond well to any external influences to the ICP signal values, either by mechanically/electrically altering the signal (ie. resistors, signal modifier boxes, etc.) or by changing the interpreted value in the ECM (ie. spoofing the A/D Converter values in the code). This leads to the undesired effect of artificially raising the Injection Pulsewidth by making the FICM think the ICP is falling. This is generally not a good thing.

There is no reason you couldn't run the Atlas 40, and in fact I've used it on many trucks already without issue. The tuning is very similar to that which is available for the Power Stroke, but just slightly modified for compatibility with the Navistar control systems.

In regards to the fans... depending on the diameter, the setup I was considering was actually six fans. 3 fans for the split radiator and 3 fans for the intercooler. Small diameter, low profile, high RPM fans would be great as the current draw is low and you could stage them using electric thermostats. Anyway, that was my thoughts.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!