View Single Post
Old Tue, October 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Live and learn I guess. That sounds like a couple deals I've been involved with. A friend of mine put a supercharged 3800 in an '87 Fiero. After all of the wire splicing and harness routing, it just fell on it's face...no power whatsoever. Turns out that it was an ignition module and one coil pack on that car too. You can always count on GM for pattern failures.

I got the balancer off and looked...yeah, it's the pan seal but it's nothing that an R&R of the front cover won't fix for good. The sealant was a little thin in the corner I guess.

I have an idea that I'm going to try first. I can blow through the sealant with the propellant left in a can of brake cleaner so I'm going to hope for a miracle by cleaning out the hole with brake cleaner and compressed air. Then I'll put some Right Stuff in a syringe with a needle (thank goodness for livestock needles) and inject the sealant right into the open wound. Then I plan on slathering the stuff all over the suture and keeping a space heater running to keep it warm. It's supposed to be in the single digits for the next week.

If it works, great. If not, I'll have to get a front cover and water pump gasket.