View Single Post
Old Tue, October 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Double Whopper

John Anderson is on a distinguished road
Default I feel ya

Have a Mustang in the shop that had an "engine noise." Long story short, the crank and all the bearings are wiped out. No big deal, right? The engine is a stroker motor built for boost with a vortech supercharger and crap all over the place. Pop the motor out, tear it down, and then tried to find the right crank since the rods and pistons were still good. I spent a full 8 hours checking part numbers and calling for parts. Got scammed on the first crank I ordered. The second one took Summit over a month and a half to get.

The car has been here for roughly four months. We are putting the engine in now and finally got everything but the bastard long tube headers in. Hope to fire it this week.

Should have been a fun project. Looking to be in the 500's at the wheels for power after I get done tuning it. I probably have 30+ hours that I probably will never be able to bill for.

But here's the real kicker: The owner was up here on vacation when it starting making the noise. When the car is done, he is flying up from Florida to drive it back home. No pressure.