View Single Post
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:21 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

I did the same DIY intake too. Works well, the more surface area the filter has the more air it is going to allow to flow into the engine plain and simple. plus you maintain factory level of filtering. I don't trust all the aftermarket filters... I feel they let more dirt into the intake. K&N I have seen many intakes using them and they are full of dirt and oil other crap.... I am sure some people are going to claim how wonerful aftermarket intakes are but too much advertising and hype for me... besides why spend several hundred when you can do it for about $60 and get better results. I just cut part of the original air box out to fit the filter. relocated the ambient air temp sensor to another place on the box. it is still accurately showing the outside air temp which means its still acting as an effective cold air intake... original intake tube and battery tray are still in place too.
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's