View Single Post
Old Wed, July 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

P1000 is a "DTC" which indicates that the PCM has not finished drive cycle testing of the Evaporative, EGR, O2, and other systems. When those systems clear the self tests, then the P1000 goes away by itself. Just removing the programmer from the OBDII port DOES NOT have anything to do with the P1000 or the self tests, so we can rule out that as a problem.

I checked your calibrations and there is nothing in the tuning that would affect the EVAP or the EGR test monitors. I seriously doubt that the cause of the test failure is related to the tuning, and that you may actually have a problem with the vehicle's EVAP system (often a bad gas cap or a broken vent hose from the fuel tank) and/or the EGR system. Your calibration is one of the most popular 97-03 calibrations we do tuning for and I've never seen this issue before.

What it comes down to is this...

(1) Check the EVAP system for cracks or leaks... anything that will prevent the fuel tank from drawing a slight vacuum while running. If the EVAP system can't maintain a vacuum in the fuel tank, this will definitely prevent the OBD monitors from completing and you will fail every time.

(2) Return the truck back to stock and then follow the recommended drive cycle procedure. If the vehicle is still failing, then you definitely have a problem with the systems indicated.

As to the issue of why the programmer is hanging, I don't have an immediate answer. That could be a hardware related issue, heat issue, or voltage issue, or something else not identified. For the time being, do not reprogram the vehicle unless you're at home so we can perform a recovery if necessary.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!