View Single Post
Old Sat, October 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Whopper Junior

'05Smoke is on a distinguished road
Default Confused Newbie!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the diesel world...and I have alot of questions, so please be patient and any help would be appreciated!

I own a 2005 F-350 6.0L Diesel with 35" tires, 5" Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, no Cat, Aftermarket CAI, ARP studs and gaskets, EGR Cooler Delete kit. It is my daily driver, includes Canadian Winters, but I also tow my 8000lb travel trailer every weekend (summer only).

I want to inquire about FICM, ECM, PCM,TCM??(most of which dosent mean alot to me right now and how do I know what I strategy's I have?) and other things I can do to make my truck run and get some better fuel mileage!! After being to the dealer for a problem...the mileage is terrible!!! I dont know where to start or what would be right for what I need. Some more power to tow would be great, mileage please, but most of all reliability!! I dont want to blow anything up like the tranny!! There alot of programmers out there...everyone promises the world, but few deliver, hence the reason I'm here. Any and all help would be great!!

Last edited by '05Smoke; Sun, October 3rd, 2010 at 10:30 PM.