View Single Post
Old Wed, September 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM
ArtieWag

OK, good info.

Yes, I find that using a higher quality fuel, BP in my case, is more cost effective than using the local Casey's fuel. There is a price I put on the quality, or lack thereof, but if it will burn, I will burn it at the right price.

As far as octane ratings, I don't have any tunes yet. And yes, when I take a long 750 mile jaunt, I do burn premium. I understand from these posts that I will even like it better than I do now after I install my tuner - Yeah!

You guessed right - shades of the 1950's - I was just a little shaver then, but I do remember the wheel skirts and something that are called 'racing disks' for wheel covers. Yes, I am not sure that I like the look, but if fuel goes higher, I am willing to skewer any sacred cow to keep my truck. (Ok, when I was in high school, I would not pay .23 for gas because I knew it would come down to .19 a gallon in a few days ) So $4.00 gas tends to raise my blood pressure. Someone can style these add-ons in a fashion I am willing to accept.

Your suggestion about getting to speed and then backing off to a feather foot. I really see that the Gotts mod helps with that, and that behavior does affect my MPG. One of the reasons I think my cruise control hurts me.

I am liking that belly fairing idea better and better.

A change of pinion gears just a single step up probably is not worth the cost, but I tend to agree about the lugging of the motor at the higher gear ratio. Just looking for any ideas that work.