View Single Post
Old Thu, September 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
ArtieWag

Clap Ah, sooo

I see the front air dam and the 'racing disks' wheel covers on the Oklahoma truck. I have a similar front air dam on my Diesel Pusher RV, and it improves my MPG in that 'Brick' 10 - 15%. I have, of course, torn it off at least once, expensive to repair. I think it would help with the MPG, but it would diminish my f150 utility personally.

Where can I get those racing disk wheel covers?? I would try those! Oh, I might get heckled, but I would just be smiling.. Looks like he did not need fender skirts though.

OK, here is what I have learned about tuned exhaust systems, specifically headers - There are 'short tube' headers and 'long tube' headers. Short tubes tend to help out in the high RPM range, and Long tube headers tend to broaden out the torque curve, which will tend to push the torque into the lower RPM ranges. However, if it is only going to give me a 1.0 MPG advantage, for $1,400.00 I would have to drive 100K miles to break even. I will only do that before I go buy an Eco-Boost, but not before.

Looks like the eco-boost f150's are using 3.15 pinion gears in 4x4s, but they do have that 6 speed transmission - with what looks like a granny gear and a great granny gear.

If I drive stop and go, I think I like my 3.73 gears. Heavy truck, easier to move with lower gears. If I could just grab a cruise gear....