View Single Post
Old Sat, January 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Jack,

From what I gathered from Antonio, it appears that there is some conflict between the USB Drivers themselves and the mousepad. I may be wrong about the mousepad being involved in the conflict, but it's definitely related the the Silicon Labs USB drivers as that's what comes up on the BSOD.

What I am going to try to do is add a static COM port parameter to the command line so I can bypass the COM port polling procedure. I have a feeling this will resolve the issue.

What's funny is his laptop is a Dell Inspiron and so is on of mine. Of course, I have no problems.

We'll get it nailed down. It's always something, eh?
OK - I bet you're right and the first laptop I was telling you about was also a Dell Inspiron (the second one is an Averatec). I didn't recall at all what was stated in the BSODs, but since the CD reader is a peripheral device, I'd be voting for the same kind of conflict. On the Inspiron, I was able to disable the touchpad and use a portable USB mouse (which had different drivers, of course). I did this for a while until I got used to the touchpad. I wonder if this could be an easy fix for the problem Antonio's having if your COM port idea doesn't work out?

- Jack