View Single Post
Old Tue, December 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Need More Power!!

slammedsplash is on a distinguished road
Default Bill <- please read. EVO without Custom Options

I currently own an Evolution EEF2100 and I am unable to get to the Custom Options to set gear ratio and tire size. Edge Customer Support told me that it may be because the PCM doesn't give them the option to adjust that parameter. :weeping:

Here is the message to Edge below:

I'm having issues getting my Lightning software to connect to the update server to see if there is an update for my EEF2100. I am currently using Version 2.00.0072 Lightning software. I'm currently using bootloader v1.00b Firmware v08 and Calibration v08.
The reason I'm trying to update my Evolution is because I am unable to get to the "custom options" where I am able to change gears and tire size. No matter which level I program into my truck I'm unable to get to the custom options. I've had it programmed at level 3 and then selected level three again and it tells me to turn the key off and back on then it begins programming level 3 back into it. Never does it give me an option to customize it.

Here is their reply:

Robert,
We can try to walk you through the update process when we reopen on Friday the 2nd. If you can call at that time or the following week we can try to walk you through the update process. The only problem is that we may not be able to do tire size programming on your truck. If the Evolution doesn't give you that option after the update, it may be because the vehicle's PCM doesn't give us the option to adjust that parameter. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Bill- is this true, that some PCM's will not allow the custom options? If so, I would think they should mention that in the manual for my EEF2100. When I upgrade this to a Gryphon will I be able to access the custom options then?
BTW, I have also loaded V076 firmware and v7 calibration, also with no luck.

Specs:
1997 Ford F150
5.4L Auto 2wd
HEX Code: ALAPKD3

Thank you in advance.

Rob

Last edited by slammedsplash; Wed, December 31st, 2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Including Truck Specs