View Single Post
Old Sat, December 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the lesson!

Hi Bill,

Thanks a ton for the lesson, that is the sort of stuff I've been wondering about before I would want to go with any further tuning or programmers. You should 'sticky' that reply, because I'll bet a lot of people have similar questions which may keep them from wanting to upgrade further. I know when I got the FICM tuned, followed by the Evo, and didn't see a huge improvement and it ran crappier in cold weather than stock, I was having second thoughts about considering springing for a Gryphon. Now that I know a lot of issues can be 'undone' , I want to get undoing them!

Bet you can't guess what ECM strategy code I've got.... (VXCF7H3). I'm glad to find out that it is about the worst thing out there on the 6.0s yet, it gives me hope I still see ~18 mpg on highway, but it sure is sucking in town. Do you suppose that is why I'm having such issues with the modified FICM and Evo? Or do you still think there is a possible code error that prevents inductive heat from starting, or it times out to fast? Either way, once you've got the Gryphon code ready to help fixup the ECM and FICM strategies I'm stuck with, I'm ready to send an order to have you convert my Evo to a gryphon, set me up with tunes, and redo the FICM if need be. I'm excited to get my truck to be fun again!

Thanks again for lesson Bill, you rock

Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback