View Single Post
Old Fri, October 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHellFire View Post
Alright so heres my dilemma.

I just installed my Stage 2 aFe CAI. I have custom tunes but they were set up for the GOTTS mod, I just put an order through today to get them re-tuned. After make a couple mile drive in the truck, I get back to the house turn it off, wait like 45 min and go to take another drive and I noticed my check engine light is on, used my Gryphon to check and says Bank 1 and 2 system too lean. I am freaking out now because I don't want to drive my truck with it saying that. My new tunes are on order but should I not drive my truck until I get them in? I was also wondering, what if these tunes don't help and then I have a too lean truck, I am out more money than ever expected?

I have a 2004 (new body style) 5.4 3v btw.
I answered your other post but I'll also add on to this one. I put in bold a portion that gives you your answer whether you get retuned or not. The gains of the new intake and tune will be pretty much the same as the gotts and original tune. Power is not something that can be added numerically based on manufacturer's claims. Based on how you worded your post the codes came up very soon after adding the intake. That is a bad sign and indicates just how far off base your MAF sensor is reading.