View Single Post
Old Mon, July 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Here are some things I did to make a kick-*** tune for a TDE1 that I came up with quite a while ago. I have since changed a few of the shifts to make it more daily-driver friendly. This one shows a "liveable" 1-2 part throttle shift point. Also, the 3-4 shift is quite a bit lower in this tune than the original due to a (what I call) nice 45 MPH 3-4 shift like a super duty has. This shot doesn't include pulsewidth or SOI changes. The blue lines on the Mass Fuel Desired graph are stock "fall offs". The black line in the Fuel Limit vs. RPM is the stock map.

Notice the early 2nd gear lockup during a late 2-3 (heavy throttle) upshift. By the time it shifts to 3rd, it's already locked.

However if you're making WOT runs, the shift points should occur at the WOT shift parameters vs. road speed/TP input.

Questions, comments, or errors.......

Feel free to critique.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Mon, July 13th, 2009 at 09:23 PM.