Thread: ECM Questions
View Single Post
Old Mon, February 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Responces in Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO05SD View Post
I have a ECM that is out of a 2005 F-250 6.0 auto. transmission that sounds to be the same basic truck as mine. The tag # on this module is 5C3A-12A650-KYC. The ECM module in my truck has a tag # of 5C3A-12A650-KNB and has been updated to the VXCF9N4 strategy. I purchased a Gryphon CTS that I'm currently running the canned tunes until I can round up the money for custom tunes and rollbacks.

My questions are:

1- If I return my truck back to stock. Can I swap this ECM for my present ECM and check to see what strategy it is programmed with ? Yes

2- Will I be able use the Gryphon CTS to check the strategy ? Yes, go to menu, help, vehicle info.

3- If it is a more desirable strategy to run, will I be able to use the Gryphon CTS and this strategy in the ECM become my new stock configuration and saved on the Gryphon ? Yes you can, since your running the canned tunes, you should be able to program your new PCM.

From the research I have done. These 2 ECM tag #are compatible. If you have any other information. Please let me know. I'm still a newbie and trying to learn as much as I can. Yes do you know what kind of truck the new pcm came out of? You can run into issues with things like no ABS, or check engine lights for no MAF sensor(does you 05 have a MAF?)

Thanks in advance.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed