Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Certainly sounded as if you had plugged cats, but replacing them should have eliminated the problem if that was the cause. I would rule out misfires unless you are feeling one, but you don't indicate this is a concern. My experience with timing chains w/ variable adjustment doesn't fit your problems either. Heck, we had seen chains so bad they were almost falling off the gears, the tensioners were at their limits and they still ran fairly well.

I would consider checking your fuel pressure when the engine warms; but if you haven't replaced your fuel filter in a while, install a new one first just in case you have picked up some contaminated gas. I doubt the filter is the cause, but it's certainly a quick, inexpensive possibility that you can then rule out..... without paying the dealership to do it.
Did you have any codes stored in the PCM? You haven't mentioned this, it may be helpful.

Sadly, many dealerships don't send their techs for adequate training, or they don't know how to utilize the Ford online programs to check for fixes to you problems. Worse yet, some techs shouldn't be working in dealerships at all.
Being that you paid a good sum to repair a condition that didn't get resolved I would expect there is some means to have them continue their efforts without costing you an additional sum, or demand they refund your money, since they claimed their suggested repairs would fix it...... misdiagnosis!

Heck, the dealership I worked at, if the customer ran into such a situation they only had to call one of the owners or an manager to express their concerns and often repairs were then made correctly at no charge or for a very significant discount. If this doesn't bring any attention to your concern, let them know you are going to contact the Better Business Bureau and complain to the state attorney generals office.

If all else fails, check around for a local shop with a good reputation for driveability problems. If nothing else, let them have the engineer look at it. There shouldn't be any additional charge just because Ford sends him in to look at it. This is what Ford pays him to do, not the dealership.

Sadly, while these repairs aren't neurosurgery, they require those working on the problems to be capable of making the right diagnosis in just the same way you would want your doctor to do. I really don't believe those working on your truck may have been the most competent employees in those dealerships; and I certainly hope they weren't!

Keep us posted on your problem, either we're going to come up with an answer or help you get it fixed right. Best of luck!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.