View Single Post
Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E View Post
I just received my converted tuner. I am anxious to see how it works. I have come up with 3 questions so far:

1. What is my device called now? Is it officially a Gryphon? Just wondered what to call it.

2. Are the custom tunes I ordered already in the device? I went to "Power programming" and is reads like it did originally - Level 1 trans only, etc. Are the custom tunes there replacing the 3 stock tunes?

3. I wanted to change the display parameters to show Oil Temp, Trans temp, and Coolant temp and MPH. All I could access was the stock display items - MPH, Instant MPG, Average MPG, and RPM. Can the display be changed? I accessed the setup like I used to do when it was an Edge, but the items I want to display don't seem to be available.

Thanks in advance to all

Wile_E
Yes, you now have a Gryphon.

Your custom tunes are probably not on the device. Ordinarily, Bill ships the converted unit back with the stock tunes. You'll be able to put custom tunes on when they are ready, using the Pegasus application, which you should download and install on your PC.

You SHOULD be able to display the values you want, with one exception: Oil Temperature. Ford discontinued the Oil Temperature Sender in the more recent trucks, I think starting in 2008?

If you have Pegasus installed, with your Gryphon set to level 0 (stock), plug it into the PC with Pegasus running. If Pegasus shows it connected, click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] and install any firmware and calibration updates you see. That might fix the display problem. If it doesn't, you'll need to contact PHP.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer