View Single Post
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The reason I mention the shifting thing is that the transmission internals don't have to be moving for the transmission to actually change gears. All the ECM has to do is detect a fault somewhere and it will electronically shift into 2nd. This is not all that dissimilar to putting the shift selector in "L". One way to really help identify what's happening is to datalog the Current Gear PID and see what the ECM is actually requesting for gear. That would definitely eliminate whether the ECM is causing a problem of if the problem may be mechanical.

As for vacation... I have to do something in the morning while Corey is still asleep.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!