View Single Post
Old Wed, March 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat, got my hours cut down to 32 a week. Luckily I run a successful side business that is BOOMING. I've had more graphic design, t-shirt, decal orders than I've ever had before. So I guess the hour cut has actually helped me stay on my game.

When the "recession" first hit, most of my clients and potential clients dropped off the face of the earth. Companies have started to realize that they HAVE to do something to increase business, and cutting out advertising is the worst thing they can do. When I sit down with someone now, I can tell I have their full attention. I can see in their eyes that they realize they need to do something to bring in more business.

I also have an advantage that I can keep prices low. I don't have much overhead or other expenses so I don't have the "loss" I need to make up for like the bigger companies. I'm seeing a lot of people who outsourced their marketing to Atlanta, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville agencies finally giving me a shot. It's tough times across the board, but I consider myself lucky. I'm hoping that before too long Dixie Design.us will be my only gig. I was working 3 jobs to support my family and my wife working too. I'm very blessed that I'm now working two and my wife only one.

I'm not trying to brag or anything of that sort, I was unemployed this time last year so I know my family has endured the WORST of times. As my dad always told me, "Keep your nose up and your wings level."
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds