View Single Post
Old Fri, February 26th, 2010, 07:15 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer922 View Post
So, I won't be able to have any updated transmission tunes or anything like that? I'm TEE5 which I haven't found to be total trash. I'd like some tweaks though like anyone else. I just figure with my stock AA's I won't be able to get very many drivable tunes so maybe I could get away on skipping the TS. I was kinda hoping for like a mild daily/economy tune, and then a tow tune, and like a race tune. As much of a race as I can with it being all stock. What do you guys think?

You have TEE5 and by having Bill reprogram your Superchips chip, you will still have TEE5.....albeit probably with a few transmission shift issue fixes. The Superchips is a one-bank chip which means that it is unable to actually turn your TEE5 into a TDE1. It is able to control mapping functions like shift points, fueling, SOI, etc. Basically, the truck will run off of the programming in the PCM but only use the chip for "bank 8" maps.