Thread: Prayers for PHP
View Single Post
Old Wed, November 11th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Lars, thank you so much for starting this thread! I was just about to post down here and was delighted to find your post.

It looks as if Wil is about two days behind me with the flu, so the doctor is confident the Tamiflu should squash his.

Unfortunately, mine is in my chest, and that's always a concern. This year, they started me out on seven days of steroids for my lungs (ironically, it's one year to the day that I had my last chest x-ray!), and if it's anything like last year, I'll be in a lot of pain in about five days -- steroids do terrible things to your body. That's kind of scaring me a bit, but crying just exacerbates the breathing problems, so I've been trying not to. The body aches and headache suck, but they're tolerable. It's the lung thing that's got me bedridden.

I won't be on here for the next few days. My fingers hurt, and it's hard to type. I've even banished Billy to the couch for the next several days, and he isn't allowed to sleep in our bed! I was told that only certain groups are being treated (not vaccinated, but TREATED) for the flu. Wil and I fall into that category because of our asthma, but if Billy gets it, he's just going to have to ride it out as we treat his symptoms.

For those of you reading this, please say a quick prayer that not only I get better but that Bill doesn't come down with it!

Thank you so much for the prayers. I know they work!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019