Thread: No carbs here!
View Single Post
Old Sun, March 7th, 2010, 11:20 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Ha....the first time I saw one of those mechanical throttle linkages I had to laugh. What a stupid thing to do, I mean it has like 10 different places to wear out.................did they not have cables back then. I bet your are going to have to get creative to get that to work.

It's simplicity at it's finest. Besides, if I ever have a Toyota unintentional acceleration event, I just put my foot under the pedal and lift it up. Problem solved.

If there were a way to rig up a mechanical linkage to the throttle body on this new engine, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Cables are stupid. There is no pedal feel whatsoever and they can stick/bind/break.