View Single Post
Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
So that was between the ground terminal of the battery and the post of the GPR that has the yellow and brown wires?

Normal. You're measuring voltage drop across a resistance (glow plugs).
After I hooked everything back up, I measure the relay output again. The volt meter was reading 0v on the second go-around....first time it was measuring .7v.

I appreciate all your help and time. I know some mechanically inclined people that can give me some hands on explanation. Just talked to an ASE mechanic, now he's confused

The way I'm looking at it, the glow plug side of the "tree" is a dead branch...not connected to any type of power source, since the negative cables are not connected. The "glow plug feed" side of the circuit is not suppose to have continuity with the + side of the batteries until the GPR is engaged. Thats the way I look at it...

I'm going to do some research on automotive 12v systems and relays.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx