Thread: Rev-X Testing
View Single Post
Old Thu, June 16th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

Trouble is, Rev-X is damned expensive! Do you get a "payback"?

- Jack
For diesels, and especially 6.0s with a 'sticky' injector, oh yeah. For the price of injector replacement, and the track record for Rev-X in curing a slight misfire, it's a chance I'd be willing to make. Part of the reason Rev-X, as an oil additive, works so good in diesels(namely 6.0, but also 7.3) is because they are a HEUI(Hydraulically-actuated Electronically-controlled Unit Injection) style of injection system. Each injector has a fuel side and an oil side, and the oil side uses engine oil. Through the life of a pickup, extended oil changes, cheap filters, cheap oil, or just a bunch of miles, the oil side can start to cause some issues. Unlike most oil additives and 'snake-oils,' Rev-X just seems to work in curing stiction or sticky HEUI injectors.

For gassers, not so sure. I think it would take very tightly kept variables, everything the same except Rev-X, and a scripted dyno runs to check anything there. For myself, I have a hard time thinking there'd be a payback for gas engines, or just about anything but HEUI engines.