View Single Post
Old Thu, October 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
Does anyone know about what a stocker puts out in CC's per each shot at it's max?

What do ya'll feel like a good ICP max is at WOT on a stock injectored motor with stock oil? 2800-3000 PSI max.

I've put a 10K mod on top of my chip once before when I was running an extremely laggy BBW turbo, and it seemed to help the spooling a good bit. Yep. That's about normal. The higher injection pressure at low RPM will help spool the turbocharger by increasing EGT from a more complete burn.

Does anyone know how to wire up a potentiometer into the ICP and which one to use? I'd like to wire it with a switch so that I don't have to run it all of the time, but I feel like there's a little bit to be gained with a slightly increased ICP over what I have now... Yes. I will attach two pictures that I drew up for a guy over at the Nation who had some ICP Mod concerns.

A scanner will not read ICP correctly if I have a 10K in there. Correct? I'd have to check it with a mech. gauge right? The scanner WILL show the desired pressure (and what it thinks is correct), but it will actually be higher than what is shown on the scan tool. You will need a gauge to see what is actually happening. The only differences you'll notice on the scanner is the IPR duty cycle will be higher when the ICP Mod is active.
These are simple ICP mods. The "series" one has become the most popular and common resistances are 10k-20K ohms. This WILL cause problems with aftermarket tuning because you WILL run out of high pressure oil if you have a stock system now.

Don't laugh at the pictures as I only donated about 5 minutes of my time in MS Paint.