View Single Post
Old Wed, October 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
RailDawg

steelrain is on a distinguished road

Well i suposse thanks for the help.. Im not a poster boy for the stuff i bought or had given to me. I get the tb spacer is a joke but that was a freebie. Which i should prob remove and regift it lol. But headers pipes and a intake i dont get. Maybe my ported heads dont deserve to beathe but through the stock airbox or restrictive factory muffler lol. The bigger tb did help with the over sensitivity of the gas pedal after it was programmend. The maf did correct the forced idle mode when running wot. It runs in my opinion so much better then factory.

With just this stuff on my truck i run 0 to 60 in 6.76. I figure not bad for a heavy 4x4. Im not trying to sound like a douche but maybe i could get your opinion on my mods. I like to think i did my research on stuff. No matter where i went it was either it good for you or it dosent work. So i made my own call. Figure i spent about 700 bucks on intake and pipes. The heads aset me back 600 just to port and polish. It was something new to learn never done machine work myself before but now i have. So if i listen to your "do you belive everything you read" comment i would say i take everything with a grain of salt. If i read enough about this gryphon upgrade it sounds like it works very well but if you read a few of the others it sounds like it causes a bunch of problems. I hope it blows my doors off when i get mine done. But i guess i wont know for sure till i lighten my pockets a bit more with php huh?