View Single Post
Old Thu, July 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
And, TX, in your case, you would want Bill to know that you are pulling a HEAVY load, so he can optimize the tow tune for it. Your trailer will have a spec sheet that lists the unloaded vehicle weight as well as the weight added when you fill the fresh water tanks and have full propane cylinders. (You're probably mostly going to pull that thing into "civilized" campgrounds where freshwater is available, so you may want to leave those tanks empty). You'll need to add a bit of weight for whatever else you put into the trailer too, such as food and clothing. So, DO let Bill know what the actual approximate towed weight of the trailer is, when you ask for a custom tow tune.

- Jack
Unfortunately, Bill's already written a custom tow tune. At the time that I upgraded to the Gryphon, I didn't know that I would be pulling a big travel trailer. I think that I talked/emailed with Corey, and at the time a boat was the biggest thing that I was towing.

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights