View Single Post
Old Fri, December 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks, Jerod. I suspected as much and, you're right - I use the power fold option so much I don't really see how I'd be able to stand having mirrors without it. The manual extend for tow would not be a problem though.

As I said, the CIPA mirrors are easy enough to install, they're secure, don't cause any damage, and they do a very good job letting me see down the sides of my trailer. I've found I can adjust the regular mirrors way out to the sides so that I see the lanes on either side of me (almost up even with my B-pillar and then I simply have to "lean" a little bit (toward the mirror) to see farther back.

One thing I DID do though, was to replace the puddle lamp bulbs with LEDs. You have to cut the bulb housing apart to do it, which is kind of scary, but the results were worth it. There's a thread on this here: http://www.f150online.com/forums/kin...amps-leds.html

The guy who got brave enough to be the real pioneer posted some excellent before/after comparisons.

- Jack