View Single Post
Old Fri, October 26th, 2012, 07:55 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The Hydra, as far as tuning goes, will use the same tuning that the Phoenix does. From an outside-looking-in perspective, the only difference would be the switch and the amount of different tunes. On our end, the difference is that every chip is an FU (what we used to offer for "burn it yourself" products) and that it takes immensely less time to actually program the chip.

The reason for custom tuning in your case is that even though "80 horsepower injectors" tells us nothing specific about any modifications that have actually been made to the injectors and being as they're still split shot, my guess is that you just have larger nozzles (how much larger is anyone's guess because any company that rates their injectors by a horsepower gain won't tell us how large the nozzles and capacity are). It's possible that we may have to write the tuning a couple times to get it just right. My guess is that the truck currently idles a little rough and the accelerator pedal is a bit touchy.

Basically, if the injectors have larger nozzles and we use tuning for stock injectors, the pulse width becomes so excessive that (for all intents and purposes) a 40 HP tow tune for stock sticks becomes a 60-70 HP tow tune. Additionally, the 100 HP gain of which stock injectors are capable will be about the same gain that you'll see from your injectors....but that gain will come with a lower-horsepower tune and an actual 100-120 horsepower standard calibration will not add any more power but will smoke a ton and cause your injection pressure to absolutely flat-line at a dismal value.

This might not make any sense, but it's early (time to go hunting) and I'll come back later to answer any specifics you might have about what I tried to convey this morning.