View Single Post
Old Mon, June 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Whopper

Redeye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Mike,

Not sure what the story is there. Often times we'll see erratic behavior from the device when battery voltage is dropping below the brown-out points of the processor and voltage regulator circuits. This is usually caused by a battery concern. I had similar issues with my Expedition and shortly after the programmer issues arose (a few weeks I think) I ended up with a dead battery. This has happened twice since we owned the Expedition and both times it was a precursor to a battery concern.

Now I am not saying that you definitely have a bad battery, but historically it's shown that it may be something you want to investigate. If all that checks out, we can RMA the device and see about getting it repaired. I know our Gryphon still works like a champ and it's almost 5 years old, but we don't have the heat that you do either.

Please be aware that it's long since out of warranty, but if there is a problem with the circuit board, it can be replaced for about $200, which is still far less than purchasing a new programmer.

Anyway, let me know what you find and we'll help however we can.

Take care.
Bill, my Gryphon has stopped working. The only thing that happens now is the backlight comes on and will not go off when I turn off the key. I tried Pegasus but after by-passing the error screen and trying to reload my custom tunes I get a message something like "cannot determine what state (level)the programmer is in". Please advise where I should go from here. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I sent you an email basically stating the same thing but I know how busy you are and figured I'd try this also.