View Single Post
Old Mon, June 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Bill, my Gryphon has stopped working. The only thing that happens now is the backlight comes on and will not go off when I turn off the key. I tried Pegasus but after by-passing the error screen and trying to reload my custom tunes I get a message something like "cannot determine what state (level)the programmer is in". Please advise where I should go from here. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I sent you an email basically stating the same thing but I know how busy you are and figured I'd try this also.
This (what I've bolded) is a "classic" symptom of a failing battery. If your battery is new, it could be that one or more of the connections to it are poor. One place specifically to check is the connection by the ground cable to the vehicle. This connection point is down under the vehicle and is very subject to corrosion and other problems that create a poor electrical contact.

If that 13 Volt reading you had in a previous post was with the engine running, your alternator is not charging properly. A normal value is 13.8-14.2 Volts.

Also, make sure the ignition is ON (engine off) when you plug the Gryphon into the OBDII port. The Gryphon needs this to boot properly when first plugged in.

The blank screen could also be the result of an incomplete download that corrupted one or more of the files when you tried updating it with Pegasus. If that is the case, Bill will have to set up a "special" download for you.

- Jack