View Single Post
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Bacon King

RobbyMartin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I didn't see if it was mentioned, but one thing that is a common problem is a moderately lean condition caused by using a CAI in conjunction with Programmer that wasn't set up for the inherent lean condition the CAI will normally cause. This results in poor throttle response and poor low RPM power. The canned tuning on the Gryphon will likely cause the same problems until you go with some custom tuning.
Bill, I'm glad you responded. Thanks! I've heard before about the CAI/Programmer combo not working well. I have little low end/low RPM power. Power in the middle and higher RPM range is good for the 4.6L except the lag when it downshifts for passing.

Questions...I'm going to purchase the Gryphon but I'd like to know what would be best with a custom tune for my '02 4.6L. A Gotts intake mod or the Airaid intake I currently have installed? I live in HOT Southern California so I don't know if that makes a difference with your tunes. Stock TB or a BBK 75mm TB that I also currently have (not installed)? I'm also installing underdrive pulleys before I input to tune so also consider that.