View Single Post
Old Mon, July 23rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rd4life View Post
I was in the process of ordering a Gryphon and got to the page asking what tunes wanted. In the list was CUSTOM E85 PERFORMANCE and TOW. I have searched this forum with not much luck for more info on the E85 tunes. I have an 08' F150 with the 5.4 Flex. Any one have any info on these 2 tunes. What are the benifets of these tunes.
If you use E85 gas, Bill will adjust your tune so that it performs the best it can with that stuff in the tank. In my opinion, unless E85 is VERY much cheaper than real gas, you are better off not using it. It has a much lower energy content than low alcohol blends and will not give you good fuel economy.

The tow tune is customized for the kind of towing YOU do, not a range of tow weights from 500-8000#. Again, if you use E85 gasohol when you tow, the tune should be adjusted for it to get the maximum benefit.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer