View Single Post
Old Mon, February 22nd, 2021, 05:32 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Yeah, that's where it's handing having a scrap pile to pull from. I don't really have that luxury, so I'd end up with a fortune just in steel alone.

To answer your question, yes... I still have that engine. It's supposed to go into the Fairlane, but I have so little time to play with the car. I'm kinda looking for roller that's in a little better shape than the one I have. There's enough stuff to choose from around here, but I'm pretty picky and haven't found just the right deal.

I'd put it in the Bronco, but a 289 just isn't going to be torquey enough to really get it going and I know I won't be happy with it. Something smaller and lighter would be a good fit for the 289. Another Fairlane that isn't quite so rusted out, or maybe a Falcon. I'm not super big on Mustangs, and they're pricey as hell as it is. Out there somewhere, I'm sure there's just the ticket for me.

Anyway, interested in watching this project come along.
I've always thought that the small blocks would be perfect for a Ranger or Pinto. The bigger cars and pickups need a little more than a short stroke V8 to feel like they have ample oomph. Mustangs aren't my cup-o-tea either. My ex had a 72 Torino GT and I always loved that car....I guess I'm into the full frame stuff. It was a 351C car (never been a 335 series fan) so I had plans for a 429 and we know how that worked out. Want a Crown Vic?

I guess I've always been spoiled with just "having stuff laying around". I get my parts-hoarding tendencies from my dad and a lot of the stuff here is from trading/labor on things he and I have worked on over the years. I also have room for it and don't have to pay for storage so that helps.