Thread: ECM Questions
View Single Post
Old Mon, February 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Whopper

MO05SD is on a distinguished road
Put in other ECM

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. Yours answers were the one's that I had thought were correct, but I was just wanting to get a more educated opinion.

I came home today from work and read your reply and decided to swap them around. The 2nd ECM has the following hex codes:

ECM: VXCF4D3 TCM: TQCJO2D

I started the truck and it seems to run fine. I still have have all the PIDS available that I had with the 1st ECM and so far it has not thrown any codes. I checked to see if any appeared. I'm getting ready to take it for a test drive to see if it acts different and shifts okay.

Is there a way of finding out by the hex codes what the differences are ? I believe I have read that the last two digits have to do with those. The 1st ECM has the following hex codes : ECM: VXCF9N4 TCM: TQCI1NA

If there are differences that would affect the truck's operation, is it possible to have them corrected with custom tunes ?

Yes my '05 does have the MAF sensor and it is one of the PID's I can choose and it does give readings when selected as a PID. Hadn't looked to see if ABS was showing on dash. Hopefully will know more after the test drive.

MODS:
PHP FICM with Hybrid Programming,
Sinister EGR Cooler Delete,AIRAID CAI,Zoodad Mod,
Coolant Filter,4" Turbo Back Exhaust, Hi-Idle Mod,
Updated Fuel Pressure Regulator Spring,Banjo Bolt Mod.,
Gryphon CTS & 5 Custom PHP Tunes
SCT & 4 Custom Tunes