View Single Post
Old Tue, December 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

five0merc, we DO have an upgrade forum, so I'm going to move this thread there.

You actually ask a difficult question. The cost to upgrade is $40.00 (which includes shipping) now, I believe. Each tune is $60.00, so, you're looking at a minimum of $300.00 excluding the shipping of the unit from Ebay to you and your shipping cost to PHP for the conversion. If you get additional tunes, they are $60.00 each.

If you buy a Gryphon form PHP for your truck, it will be $399 plus $30.00 for each tune. I THINK there's a shipping fee, and it's probably $15.00.

If you wanted three tunes, you're looking at $420.00 excluding the Ebay shipping and your shipping to PHP. The new unit from PHP would be $489.00 plus shipping.

Looks like the Ebay unit is cheaper, but - here's the caveat: You get a warranty with the unit from PHP. NO WARRANTY on the converted unit! And, if the former owner did not return his truck to stock before selling to you, you'd have to pay an additional $75.00 to have it returned to stock so you could use it at all.

I honestly would not take the chance. It COULD work out for you, but it may be an expensive experiment.

Hope this helps! As I said, it's a difficult choice. And, welcome to the forum! This forum is one of the great side benefits to owning a Gryphon.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer