Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old Thu, December 17th, 2020, 04:52 PM
Whopper Junior

wolverine724 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome. I've enjoyed my time working at Ford. For the trans calibration, I was pretty happy with it completely stock. I still know a lot of the 4r100/5R110/6R140/10R140 trans calibrators so I also know who to gripe to! I'm just assuming with all the engine and trans hardware changes I'm doing I may want to end up tweaking some things. I have a co-worker in the aforementioned calibration area who ended up putting a Suncoast triple clutch converter in his 7.3 Excursion and said the lockup was really harsh. His locked to locked 3-4 shift was also bad enough he ended up calibrating out his 3rd gear lockup, which I'd rather not do since I tow a lot with my F-350. I can't remember which company's friction plates he went with, but I'm going with GPZ clutch plates and a DPC triple plate converter, so when I get it all put together in the next few weeks I'll see how good or bad it feels. I've seen some of your posts where it looks like you have quite a bit of tuning experience with current hardware. I may need to pick your brain, as my experience is limited to OEM hardware and calibration tools, which in this case - RCON/VDAS, J3-buffer boxes, are long gone! I do have some binaries, definition files, and a pretty good understanding of what things do what at least