View Single Post
Old Sun, January 10th, 2010, 10:32 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyMartin View Post
He took the engine, harness and pcm from the same vehicle. He said he even drove the truck it came from before they pulled it out for him to install it in mine. He said he heard from Ford that he had to get the pcm, engine and harness from the same vehicle and was also told that they wouldn't re-flash the original 4.6 computer to be a 5.4 due to lawsuits.

If this isn't a PATS issue then who knows what it could be. He said the fuel pump isn't coming on. I've heard/read different opinions on how the PATS works. Can the Gryphon override the PATS?
I don't know how the PATS works either, but I wouldn't want to override it.

There is a component though, in the instrument cluster that "senses" the PATS key and it is an integral part of the instrument cluster. Just off the top of my head, I think the mechanic needs to get the instrument cluster from the vehicle he got the engine from and he needs to replace yours with it. This "receiver" cannot be obtained separately as I understand it. I hope the newer instrument cluster will fit!

This issue has been discussed several times in another forum when the subject of swapping instrument clusters has been brought up.

- Jack