View Single Post
Old Tue, December 9th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
OOoo... that was an awesome question, Bill! I ran it past the Big Man, himself, to get the right answer.

Bill says that in the few incidents that he knows of where people's Evos (and one Gryphon) were stolen, the idiots only took the programmer and left the cable. Now, the cable is custom made for Edge, so the programmer is useless. Not one to let things go that easily, I asked, "Well, couldn't they call Edge and say that their cable is broken and order a new one?" Bill says that technically the could. That wouldn't fly here, though. I'm a skeptic by nature, and I'd want the broken one back before I sent a new one.

If a customer's Gryphon was stolen and he called us, we'd be able to track his serial number and keep it handy in case we received some mysterious call asking if we could unlock a programmer -- but unless the customer called us to tell us it was stolen, we wouldn't know.

HOWEVER, we have been contacted by a few people who told me that they purchased a used Gryphon from someone else and would just like to order custom tunes. I always make them give me the name of the seller so that I can make sure it was one of our customers! My mama didn't raise no dummies! What's to keep anyone with an Evo from calling us and saying that they bought a used Gryphon and want custom tunes? It's worth the extra legwork to cover both Edge's and our collective . (Oh, I KILL me!)

So, to sum up this entire post:

If your Gryphon is stolen, let us know!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019