Thread: Leer Caps
View Single Post
Old Sat, June 27th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road
Default LEER Caps

I ordered a Leer Cap for a 08 F150 8foot bed with built in roof racks.....simple enough order.
After 3 weeks the cap was ready tobe fitted
The dealer brings my truck around with the new cap,looks good until i take a closer look.It fits front and rear but bows out in the middle so bad that i can slide my fingers in the gap, the dealer agrees it's a bad fit and orders a new cap.
Two weeks pass, no news and the dealer knows nothing.
I write to Leer two times via e-mail to the address of the Leer webpage....no reply.
Leer DOES NOT HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE department or phone number, but i got hold of a Leer phone number (PA branch) I call and ask what's going on with my replacement cap.The Leer service/rep was more interested in where i got there phone number from!I asked for someone to call me back , nobody ever did.(i called and left messages 4 times)
Yesterday the new cap was fitted and it was just as bad as the first but with the added insult the other cap has damaged the paint in two places.Dealer took pictures to send to Leer claims department.( i think this is going to be a up hill battle)
Dealer calls Leer and tells them about the poor fit(2nd cap),Leer offers me $300 to keep the cap!I want a fitted cap or my money back nothing else will do.
The dealer now has Leer's full attention at last!!
Leer is getting a F150 with a 8 foot bed to make a cap that fits that truck with no gaps,replacement caps 3-4 weeks with a promise that this will fit perfect ,3rd times a charm???

I am convinced Leer is going to all the effort to keep me happy because ive been a pain in there arse and i wont let up until i get what i payed for.

I cannot recommend Leer products for the simple reason they have no customer service for the general public and if you have a problem with a product they throw money at the problem instead of fixing the product right in the first place.

END OF MINI RANT

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.