View Single Post
Old Tue, October 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Whopper

ballisticmike is on a distinguished road
Default selected questions from new member..

Hey all, great forum. I have several questions. If this is too many just ignore. I have spent some time reading FAQ's etc on this website. I have a used evo i bought on ebay from a reputable seller, along with all the cables, manual, housing etc. I have never installed it into my truck yet. Its labelled eeF2400, ver. 7, Manufactured 8/1/2007.
My truck- Feb.2008 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4, 4x4, S&B CAI, Magnaflow catback SIDO, engine fan replaced with electric fan (1 MPG improvement).

1. is it just as good to upgrade this evo to a gryphon, or is it best if i just sell this evo and buy a new gryphon ie - any shortcomings to upgrading this? cheaper?
2. I am also interested in 2 or 3 custom tunes. Cant you load the custom tunes onto the gryphon *before* you ship it out? why do i need to download them after i receive the gryphon in the mail? (save me the trouble please).
3. do i send the hexcode with the evo now or ... what? how do i obtain the hex?
4. does it matter if my truck has been reflashed? i'm not sure if it has but can find out. There is a deadspot (2-3 second lag) in my tranny at 28mph, there is a dealer TSB to fix (reflash i think). Does it matter if i get this done at dealer.. or should I in fact NOT get it done and wait to see if the gryphon takes care of it. I ask because reading these forums it sounds like there are some kind of issues related to dealer reflashes.
5. my truck is E85 (yellow gascap) is this important to the discussion?
6. overall, how stable and reliable are these gryphons? i seem to read alot of highly satisfied customers on this website, but also a certain percentage of issues... some related to 2008 F150 models, some to do with reflash/dealer issues, and some other assorted performance issues (which also seem to always be resolved by PHP i note). Is it fair to say the gryphon has been constantly refined and improved to a point where its highly reliable now?

regards,
Mike