View Single Post
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller5 View Post
Hey Bill, What exhaust do you reccomend for 08 F150 supercrew 5.4 for daily driver and light towing? Looking for HP and MPG but still fairly quiet. Going to get a Gryphon with your Custom 87 performance tune but think I should get exhaust first, no CAI planned. What have you seen work? Single exhaust is ok . Thanks: Jim
Corey made a great recommendation there! I know you're asking Bill, but I'll chime in too if you don't mind The first exhaust mod I made was to replace my factory muffler with a 14" SI/SO and really liked it. With your truck having only 2 cats as opposed as the 4 mine came from the factory with, you'd a bit louder than I was with the SI/SO swap. A magnaflow SI/DO would be cost effective and sound even better! I'd probably stick with a 14" or 18" certainly nothing larger if you want more sound.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds