Thread: EOT reading 0
View Single Post
Old Sat, April 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dan View Post
OK, did some research. Appears i don't even have an oil sensor. Guess that explains it!

Could someone please address question 2. Is it normal for the gryphon to make you reprogram your tune if you un-plug it from the OBD and then plug it back in?
No, this is not normal at all. You should be able to unplug the Gryphon and plug it back in without reprogramming the PCM. I have no idea why you would have been prompted to reload that tune.

Do you have a CS/CTS Gryphon or the older monochrome kind? The reason I ask, is because the ignition key has to be ON before you plug in the monochrome Gryphon. It doesn't matter what state the ignition is in for the CS/CTS platforms.

And, you don't have an oil temperature sensor. One of Ford's cost cutting measures. I monitored mine for a while, but it really goes all over the place, depending on engine load. I no longer look at it.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer