View Single Post
Old Sat, November 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

So what your saying is any time there is any kind of current draw, the truck wont go into high idle? You alt at one time didnt charge well, but now it looks to be charging ok?

I've had issues in the past with the race car, when the alt would start to give out, it would tend to scramble the firmware in the EFI computer. I always knew when I was getting ready to lose an alternator because I'd get a bunch of noise on the sensors..

The only conditions that I know of that have to be met for your truck to go into high idle is, has to be in park, the throttle pos. sensor has to be within a certain range, the brake light switch, and engine oil temp cant be above a certain temp. So I'd look at what the sensors are doing, see if your getting and kind of noise that might not allow it to go into high idle..

Whats the engine oil temp when it's doing all of this?

Thats really all I can think of.. It's been in the low teens here in the mornings, and my truck has gone into high idle everytime without an issue. Thats with the heater going full bore, stereo system going, and typically with the lights on.
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...