View Single Post
Old Wed, February 23rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterzone View Post
I'd like more performance if safely possible. Don't we all!? Last but not least, would running 33" tires w/ 4.56 gears be okay? My tires rub a little too much when I turn sharp, never rubbed w/ 33's. Thanks guys!
Firstly where do the tires rub? many times it is just plastic that can be heated then slightly bent out of the way so they don't rub anymore.
Secondly, the keyword with the tunes is exactly how you said, you want more if * Safely* possible. That is the key to Bill's tuning, he does what he does to make sure the trucks will not only outperform stock trucks, but also so they will outperform stock trucks for longer! I am sure that you could push the WOT all the way up, but if it is too far it will actually hinder performance, and definitly reduce your trucks life. these truck's were never meant to be super fast, and the fact that they can still go decently fast, IMHO, shows how good they actually are. for towing, you can't beat fords , but for speed you should really look elsewhere, aka not a truck .
oh and with the tranny, Bill's canned tunes actually made mine shift harder than what I expected, so when I got my custom tunes I had him soften them up a little. shifting hard can be good up to a point, but too hard of shifts makes the rest of the drivetrain unhappy, so be careful with that.
Just thought I would answer what I could, and like always dont take my word for it