View Single Post
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
_____

j_gill is on a distinguished road
Help HELP! 2004 F150 Edg Evo CTS

Hi everyone, I purchased my very first truck about a month ago, its a 2004 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT 4X4, it has about 163,000 miles and runs amazingly well. I immediately went crazy wanting to upgrade and add stuff to my truck. I previously had a 1999 GMC Sonoma 4 cyl. so obviously you can see my excitement. I had Flo-Pro exhaust installed with 3 inch tips (I know not the greatest but I didn't want shattered windows from angry neighbors when I leave for work at 4 a.m.) about 2 weeks after I got my truck. I installed a Kenwood screen, Kicker CTS 12'' sub, and Kicker amp in also. I then decided to put a K&N cold air intake kit under the hood. I was in the mood for something new and went to our local off road supply store and was talking to the manager who told me I should install an Edge CTS programmer next. I guess being a female and not doing my research made me a moving target. I told him everything I have done to my truck thus far and he recommended the programmer. I said okay, paid, and got it last week. I put it in my truck finally on Monday and tuned it to just the trans. level. Well, after reading about all of this I had discovered that running these canned tunes with a CIA can cause my truck to run lean (not sure exactly what that means but I know its not good). So now I am terrified that I am going to screw my truck up. I want to update to the Gryphon with custom tunes but I am unsure how long it will take. Can I restore my settings back to factory and just take it out for now or am I in too deep? I am highly pissed off at this "general manager" because he either sold me the product just because of the money he would be making and didn't give a damn about the damage he could cause my truck or sold me a product he knows nothing about. Either way, I am scared I am going to screw my truck up now. I noticed the other day when I hit the gas it shifted a little hard. I am not sure what my options are but if anyone has an opinion on what I should do, please let me know. Thank you in advance!