View Single Post
Old Mon, April 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Double Whopper

PerpetualSeanX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
This one is based on calculations since I don't (and don't know anyone that does) own an 04-08 F150.

All else being equal, you're looking at an additional 18.5-22 HP above and beyond what you have now just to get into the 8.9xx range. Technically speaking, that means that you have to make more torque at the same RPM range in which you would normally be operating during those 9 seconds. I would say that you'd be VERY hard pressed to get that much power out of simple bolt-on parts. 0-60 times are largely based on how quickly the engine gets to maximum horsepower so things like head porting, cams, etc., aren't going to help you at all in that department. Sure, they MIGHT squeak out a COUPLE extra horsepower, but you won't see that until the 1-2 upshift point.......long past the time that it does any good for your 0-60 times.
So, I'm getting that you feel 10 seconds is appropriate. Again, I don't mind 10 seconds, if I had been pulling 11 before the gear change. I'm just confused that there seems to have been no tangible improvement other than that for my engine and transmission wear. That lack of change in time makes me think something is wrong.

So, I'll ask this question directly: Do you feel it is normal to not see an improvement in 0-60 times when someone gears to 4.56 from 3.73 or lower?