View Single Post
Old Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
Default Monday of Mondays

Had a heck of a day! Just need to vent, so hopefully y'all don't mind listening for bit.

Started with a W2 I got Saturday from a previous employer. I worked part time for them for 6 weeks, and they claimed on my W2 they paid me $6100 for those 6 weeks. I WISH! Wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the W2 indicated I only paid taxes on $1700 of that $6100. Duh, because they only paid me $1700. Called them to get my W2 corrected and they refused, said it was correct. It will all work out, my wife is a CPA who works under the State Auditor, so we'll get it straight on our end, I just feel bad for them when things start straightening out over there too! Things didn't work out too well at that place to begin with, they got busted for financial fraud when i worked there. After that they started shorting my paychecks and some of them even started bouncing. I complained 3 times that my paychecks were short or bounced, the day after my 3rd complaint they fired me.

Headache #2 was that they cut our hours at work, from 8-5 to 9-4 due to the "slowing economy." It that's going to hurt, but luckily I have a 2nd part time job and own my side business. Then come to find out, they hired another designer (the owner's buddy) so looks like the "slowing economy" was really them cutting our hours us to make room for him. Talk about a slap in the face.

Next up, I applied for a civil service job with the Air Force, something I'd really like to do. Had about 6 pages of paperwork to fill out, one question which was "Have you ever been fired from a job, and if so what were the circumstances." So obviously, and especially on a declaration for Federal Employment, I told them about that place that screwed me and the events leading up to it. So the Air Force called today to ask for permission to call that former employer... yeah the one who's lying on my W2, bounced my paychecks then fired me.

Thought that was it? I messed up on an estimate and invoice with a client for my side business, quoted them the wrong cost cost on 150 t-shirts and had already donated the art and design to them. So instead of making my margin on the shirts and design, I had to eat it.

The good news: I found $40 in my truck when I was looking for my phone charger Other than that everything REALLY but I'm trying to keep my nose up and wings level. I AM thankful that I have 3 jobs, my health, family, house and of course my F150

Just needed to vent! Thanks y'all.

Neal
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds