View Single Post
Old Sat, March 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default I'm baa-aack! (with pics)

Just got back from a family trip to Lake Texana. Lost internet one day before I planned so I pretty much dropped off the face of the earth. Fun trip even though I didn't catch anything but did get some pictures.

Most of the pictures of wildlife were from the kayak. I wish I had gotten pics of my mountain bike but I was having too much fun testing out the new tires. Nothin' like bogging through so much mud both the front and back tires get locked to the forks. I dont think I've ever got that much mud on my truck!

But here are some of the pictures...

^I thought these two just looked really cool, click to see the 640x480 size

Moonlight on the water

An actual sunset picture

These birds always crack me up

Ninja birds!!!!

Yeah, I know, this one needs some explaining.

So I was entering a cove to do some catfishin' when I saw a new salt water grade float rig...being a cheapskate I never leave free gear for someone else so I started paddling up to it. When I was about 20 feet away I saw it get pulled underwater like there was a carp on it. So to keep from spooking it I lined up and just floated to it. Before it rushed under my kayak I reached down and grabbed it expecting a good yank. I felt a feeble tug when I grabbed it so I just lifted it up. Then I saw a 12 inch scaly tail...oh great, this'll be interesting, and it was. Attached to the scaly tail was a juvenile alligator who did not want to hop in my boat. I tried to use pliers to get the hook out of its foot but the barb was set. I ended up just cutting the fishing line leader so the hook would rust out. Oh well, I figured JUST a hook was better than an entire float rig.