View Single Post
Old Mon, October 11th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Our air density is typically 5600 on a good day.. It's horrible.. The track I'm going to this weekend typically has 800 air density.. To us around here, that track is very fast. I havn't been able to get a good time in this car for the past 2 yrs. It weights 2700 LBS, and that kind of power output, it should easily be in the high 9's, but it's not even close.. The turd loves blowing the tires off at the 1/8th and pointing you towards the wall. I normally end up letting out around 4K RPM in 3rd gear and coasting the rest of the way, best time doing that has been a 11.6 @ 132 The car tried to kill "us" last time I went to this other track, hopefully all the money I put into the suspension will help out, but my tune is horrible right now due to so many engine changes and only ran it twice this yr.

Ya know a great place to hide electronics? If you pull the HVAC box out, make a platform that sits right under the dash. Carpet it to match the interior. Ya open the glove box, and you have full access to everything. That's where my ignition system, EFI computer, W/B, all of my relays and basicly everything else is. Makes for a really nice setup. The part that sucks is pulling the HVAC box, I wanted to keep all that stuff in my 79, I was even going to put A/C back in it. But after all the turbo stuff, there just flat wasnt room to run any of it, so the box came out.
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...