View Single Post
Old Fri, March 18th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

Well I finally met up with him again today to work more on the tuning, and this time we had more time to spend on it. Before getting with him, I went back over the tunes and adjusted the pulsewidth maps. Burned the tunes to his chip, cranked it up, and it fired perfect and settled right into a nice even idle with no romping. ICP and pulsewidth at idle all looked good, no more jumping around. I figured out my mistake on the PW map, had it dipping way too low.

He had been talking to me about problems with EGT's and boost, so I looked over his truck and found an intercooler boot had partially blown off. Fixed the boost leak and everything returned back to normal.

His truck runs great now. It's got great power, and even in the highest hp tune it's only turning out at most a very light haze at WOT, going uphill, at over 8000 ft elevation. I'm stoked at how it's running, considering this is my first truck with single shot injectors to tune. On our last test run he said his truck sounds more like a gas engine now than a clattery diesel.

At any rate, he's trying out a few different configurations of a couple of tunes to see which shift strategies he likes best. He wants to test out towing different trailers, driving both mountains and down in lower elevations, etc. Next time we meet, we'll finalize his shifting for each tune, and he'll be set.

Going to get some mileage reports from him too.

On edit: Thanks for the help too guys. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Pocket; Fri, March 18th, 2011 at 12:22 AM.